I have been thinking about Christmas Smiles for Seniors for a few days now. What I need to do, when shall I start… secretly getting excited.. So I thought, is it really too early to post? Nawwww Never too early to do good or make yourself feel good.
For thrifty shoppers like me, we are/will be in between seasons very soon which means SALES! Many of us are out and about shopping for the things we forgot for back to school… I thought it might be a good time to post a list of some of the common requests of our seniors. Also, if you find PJs or a shirt on sale — I can help find you a senior that size! One of our homes, requests a sweater, Tim Hortons gift card and toiletries for each of their seniors — so it will be an easy find if it’s a sweater!
Thanks so much for all your support over the years — I look forward to talking to you in a couple of months!!
- Toiletries for men and women (ie. Shampoo, soap, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush and paste, hand and body lotion, deodorant, shaving cream and disposable razors, powder)
- Hats, mitts and scarves.
- Lap blankets, or warm blankets.
- Tim Horton gift cards ($5-10 denominations)
- Socks and Slippers
- Treat food (ie cookies, candy, chocolates, crackers) for both diabetics and non-diabetics.
- Small Christmas decoration
- Medium sized gift bags and tissue paper (no boxes please)